Old June 15th 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn °_°

Default Where is the Attempted Murder Charge?

On 6/15/2011 4:05 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Jun 15, 9:16�pm, Frank wrote:

There's not much you can do with psychopaths, AFAIK. �They're
certainly a problem. �But they're rare.

Nonsense. On a widely used scale 1 in every 100 Americans is a
psychopath. Several pass you on street every hour you cycle, Frank.

That said, I actually agree with the rest of what Frank said. On the
rare occasion when I've experienced deliberately aggressive behavior
from motorists it has been from a testosterone of young or youngish
men in a car.[...]

While psychopaths do not have empathy for others, many *do* care about
themselves, and therefore will be deterred from wrongful actions, unless
they find the probability of getting away with harming others to be high.

Therefore, the proportion of motorists who would murder a cyclist is
much lower than 1 in 100, or there would be tens of thousands of cyclist
deaths per year (in the US), rather than 7 or 8 hundred.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.