Old April 28th 05, 12:48 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:18:17 GMT, (Bill Z.)
wrote:

In your haste to shoot the messenger you appear to have forgotten to
read the article. Only one paragraph is a quote from Avery, who did
nothing other than send out a press release.

If he quotes Burdett at all, I've really got to wonder about
the reporter's judgement.

In your haste to shoot the messenger you appear to have forgotten to
read the article. See below:

I've seen enough of Burdett's posts on this newgroup to have some
real doubts about a reporter who talks about some paper but quotes
Burdett, whose biases are obvious from what he's posted here.

In your haste to shoot the messenger you appear to have forgotten to
read the article. Again.

The article is an announcement of a newly published study. Avery's
sole involvement is as messenger. The piece by Carlton Reid in
BikeBiz is mostly by Carlton or quoting the study itself.

Obviously you are so determined to retain your beliefs intact that you
will not run the risk of having them challenged. No surprises there.

Ah, so now it's unnecessary to read the research simply because it is
reported by someone who quotes someone whose views you disagree with.
Fascinating. Not a terribly good basis for informed judgment, though.

You don't know what I've read. It is not like you have a webcam
in my home to spy on me.

Ah, but I know some things you haven't read, because you have openly
admitted to not having read them.

Your paranoia is legendary, of course.

Thanks for confirming that you haven't read it, at least we all now
know that it's safe to ignore your views on this study.

Another of your numerous lies - I did not confirm nor deny if I
had read it.

You confirmed, by what you wrote, that you had not read the report in
BikeBiz. Since you had not done so, you would be hard-pressed to know
what the study was. I have read both the article and the study. Have
you?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound