Old August 25th 10, 07:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides
Michael Press

Default Andre Jute needs to wise up

In article ,
"Edward Dolan" wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
[...]
Thank God I'm not handicapped by a short attention span and an

inadequate education.

I have spent my life reading the most long-winded books ever created by man.
But I am fed up with it. It belongs to the 19th and 20th centuries, not the
21st century.

My brother had to personally deal with Johnny Carson (The Tonight Show) and
the first thing he was told was that Carson had a very short attention span.
We are now living in a world where everyone has a short attention span. It
does not have much to do with education. It has to do with getting to the
point.

I know Tom Sherman rather well having done battle with him on Usenet for
many years. He is smart as a whip and if he tells you that what you write is
too long, I would listen to him. Our world of reading on and on is gone
forever. I attribute it all to the new technology. Let's face it, who reads
books anymore?

[Holds up hand]
I reread Jane Austen.

--