Old January 22nd 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default stupid tricks thread

unijesse wrote:
pedal flip, where you are riding and then just flip the pedal fast

That's not a stupid trick.

My right pedal is smooth (no pins) on one side for grinding and has
pins on the other side (for shoe-grip). Quite often after a bit of one
foot or summat involving taking my right foot off the pedal, my foot
goes back down onto the smooth side. If it is even slightly moist
outside the smooth surface is slippery underfoot, so I learned to spin
the pedal 180 degrees while riding in order to get the pins back under
my shoe.

Spinning it fast (and more than 180 degrees) gives it a bit of flair,
although you don't always get the side of the pedal you wanted with
this method. But then you can just keep spinning it until you get the
side you want.

I'm sure there are some stupid tricks out there though.

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515