Old September 23rd 18, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:10:14 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 12:32 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:23:00 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I once bought an SUV for £150. A real one - a Range Rover. Had it not
had the conversion to LPG which kept ****ing up the engine, it would
have been great.

I guess the GMC Yukon Denalis are okay if you like that sort of thing
and have a spare 75K. They're basically the Chevy Suburbans preferred by
the CIA and other bad guys in the movies when they're abducting people.
Heated leather seats and all that bling...

For that price I'd want a house, not a vehicle.

You certainly could get a very nice, gently used motorhome for that
money if you really wanted something on wheels.

For 75K you could buy an actual house here. My house (2 bedrooms, semi detached bungalow) is worth about 90K.

Another aspect is that while I don't abuse my vehicles I do feel they
should take me wherever I want to go within reason and a few dents and
scratches are part of the program. I hit a deer a couple of years ago
and added some additional styling to the hood. It still opens and closes
fine. A friend noticed it last week and asked me why I didn't fix it.
"Why? There are more deer out there."

Indeed, I fix what's required to make the thing go, or reluctantly what's required by law to stop the ****ing pigs moaning about it.

An uncle liked big barges with all the crap and when he bought a new one
would come to our house and cajole my father into driving it. I don't
know if it was planned or if my father was just operating in his normal
fashion, but he turned on a rough gravel road we used frequently. You
could here rocks hitting the under-carriage. When we got back to
pavement Ernie insisted on getting out and inspecting the car for
damage. That was the last time he tried to rope my father into driving a
new car.

Barges? As in boats?