Thread: E-Bikes
View Single Post
Old October 26th 20, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default E-Bikes

I just went over to San Francisco and got a set of handlebars. I was completely lost since I had the idea that the guy lived over in the Marina District. The Maps program led me to where I was supposed to meet him and I got there really early since the commute crowd all is around 6-7 these days. So my trip took about 23 minutes instead of 1:30 as I imagined.

While I was waiting for this guy to turn up at his work I noticed quite a few E-bikes passing by on the main drag and they were ALL going at least at the car speed limit, maybe more. I think that someone here said that you could remove the speed regulator and go the limit of the electric motor power.. Well, everyone must be doing that. And getting huge battery packs as well..

While I was standing around I also realized that I knew where I was. It was on the same route that I normally take when I ride around the bay and end up in San Francisco where I take BART back across the bay.

Queer things going on in San Francisco now - everyone is scared to death of everyone else. Here we are out in the open with a strong wind blowing and the sun shining making it virtually impossible to catch covid-19 even if you were liable. But some baby sitters with about 20 your children in tow were taking them on some sort of field trip and they wouldn't pass me until I stepped out into the street. All little children wearing masks. There was a back hoe down the block working on what is now an empty lot but used to be a freight dock. He was wearing a mask. I got a cup of the world's worse coffee at some shop down the street after I contacted the guy who was selling the Bontrager handlebars and he said I was early and he would be 25 minutes. The people inside a large coffee shop didn't allow any inside seating and there wasn't any room outside for a bench.

There was a rather high end apartment complex and there were NO rooms rented out (well three in a three story building 8 rooms deep in each direction) Posted on a telephone pole was a poster for a moving company (have van will travel) Almost all of the telephone tags were torn off. People are leaving California. They aren't going to Oregon nor Washington. Those people are moving out as well. California NOW doesn't have enough people working to pay the pensions of the government workers they have so they are now drawing down pensions savings. I wonder how long before they are forced to declare bankruptcy?

Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home