Old January 12th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

Default Too many flats... here's one solution.

Smilymarco;1169298 wrote:
Looks like youre running the Schwalbe Marathon tire.
Next time you change it, get the Schwalbe Marathon Plus. It got a gel
compund inside that protects the tube from sharp edges and stuff.

The OP mentioned that he didn't want a heavy tyre.

I'm running Marathon Pluses on my bike. The 20" on the front has been
on for 18 months without a puncture, and I really don't notice the extra
weight and rolling resistance over a standard Marathon or the Marathon
Slick that I was using before. I'm very, very pleased with it.

The 26" on the back is a different matter, though - with the bigger
wheel I notice the increased rotating weight. I'll replace the 20" M+
with the same, but I'll probably try the Marathon Supreme for my next
26" tyre.

With a 29" tyre, I'd expect the weight of the M+ to be *really*
noticeable.

--
Danny Colyer

'http://www.redpedals.co.uk' (http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/)
"I don't think proofreading is adequate. All posts should be waxed and
buffed. Then they should wear little tuxedos." - Greg Harper on usenet