Old March 14th 11, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dan O

Default Sherman's Ever-changing Subjects (AKA Thread Titles)

On Mar 13, 8:23 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
"Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°" wrote in ...

On 3/12/2011 9:29 PM, Bill Sornson wrote:

"Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°" wrote in message

On 3/6/2011 11:13 AM, Dan 0vermĒn wrote:
[...]
We once talked about how much body weight goes into the handlebars. I
said most weight should go into the pedals, but that it was one of
those super-complex dynamic things.

Now it occurs to me that there's one time - at the top of each stroke,
when weight must come off to switch to the other pedal.[...]

The handlebars should carry the weight of the lower arms and hands only..
The rest of the rider's weight should be on the seat, with a
significant portion being carried by the seat back.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

***

Just curious, Tom. A number of your "reply posts" appear as new
threads, with no "Re." in the Subject field.

Any idea why?

Because I update thread titles to match the subject when thread drift
occurs. However, many programs will still recognize previous posts in
the thread, e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird provides a "references" line in the
header, where the previous posts up-thread are numbered, and can be
accessed simply by clicking on the number.

Bill "we won't mention my rogue question mark and lack of quoting" S.

Or Micro$oft Windows Live Mail 15.4.3502.922 *not* recognizing the
signature separator, i.e " --". It seems Micro$oft is too arrogant to
follow established protocols.

Hey, the remnant question mark seems to be gone, at least. No idea why
they'd CHANGE the '' quoting convention, which worked fine in LiveMail
until the 2011 "upgrade".

I still think you should indicate that you're /replying/ to content in the
Subject field, even if resorting to the ol' "Was: Tibetan Monkey Spams
Newsgroups Relentlessly" (for example) shtick.

Bill "no sweat off my mousebutt; I barely check in here nowadays" S.

Anything that lets you type in the message body ought to let you
insert quote delimiters.