Old November 6th 03, 01:40 AM
Mojo Deluxe

Default upgrading wheels

"Michael Dart" wrote in message

"Mojo Deluxe" wrote in message

"Michael Dart" wrote in message

"Gabe" wrote in message
I'm considering upgrading wheels on my x-country mtb. I'm 6' and

weigh
180lbs. I've been looking at Cane Creek's Aeroheat wheels. I

noticed
lot
of places are selling them for $225 for the set. It looks like they

used
retail for about $420. Any opinions on these wheels? Are they

worth
the
money and will they do okay for a 180 lb cross country rider?

There is nothing better that good ole 3 cross laced wheel.

Plus they can be repaired at any bike shop.

Or DIY if you learn the black art of wheelbuilding.

That's the one thing I have not tackled yet.