Old May 9th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default what kind of bike should I get?

dcg wrote:

My inlaws live in Piedmont Alabama next to the Chief Ladiga bike
trail. This trail is described as "relatively flat" with a little bit
of gravel. I live in Florida where the roads are "absolutely flat"
and haven't ridden a bike on a hill - ever. I've never ridden on
gravel either.

Hey, haven't you ever ridden up Mount Dora? In any case, in the northern
part of the state there are a lot of areas with rolling hills, so you
must be in south Florida.

Try riding the Shark Valley paved path in the Everglades
("http://www.nps.gov/ever/planyourvisit/svdirections.htm"). Those are
not hills or speed bumps on the path, and you should steer around them,
not over them.