Old June 6th 11, 08:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Shirley Nott[_2_]

Default Who? Me? Pushy?

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
In aus.bicycle on Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:01:48 +1000
Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
On 5/06/2011 8:20 PM, David J Richardson wrote:
In ,
Zebee wrote:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...shy-pushbikers
-pushing-their-luck-20110603-1fl1p.html?from=smh_ft

Yes, he identified the REAL BAD ONES in the very last paragraph
too, although the ones I know of do not have beards but are
probably just as vicious

Don't have engineering degrees either

As a bearded engineer degree-holding cycle commuter I'm offended.

Here we go, here we go, another recumbent rider? !! Show us some
viciousness, Davo!!!!!

I did like the imagery of "arse-flab dribbling over the edge of the
seat into the little gap where the handbrake is" though.

I am sorry I can't visualise that just yet, mate, cos I have 2
handbrakes and they are up the front on me handle bars and there is very
very little room for any flab to dribble into

If mine dribbled into my handbrakes I'd be sitting on the handlebars.

I suspec the poor bugger has only seen a recumbent trike and so has no
idea how many of us weirdos are out there....

The writer was referring to car drivers. The actual quote:

"... It just makes us feel insecure and unattractive, sitting in our cars, our arse-flab
dribbling over the edge of the seat into the little gap where the handbrake is ...".

The preceding sentence was:

:... And OK, maybe they're slightly more fit and healthy, but do they have to taunt us so
cruelly by wiggling their sexy pert buttocks in our faces as they ride by? ...".

Shirley Nott.