Old June 8th 13, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Cyclist mown down by lamp-post

Pristine Bruise wrote:
ennemm wrote:

On 7 June, 21:25, Pristine Bruise
wrote:
ennemm wrote:
On 7 June, 19:25, Squashme wrote:
On Jun 7, 5:14 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

Piatkow wrote:
The article doesn't say that the road was closed. The photo is
just the stock one that they pull out for articles about
accidents.

Could somebody post a link showing the cycle path with a lamp
post in the middle? Stockingstone Road is quite long but I have
looked at several sections on Google Street View and can't find
where this guy would legally be on the footway.

Of course I am sure that there is no connection with the
incident taking place at closing time!

I reckon it would be going down the hill, cyclists have terrible
difficulties with them, frequently ending up dead wrapped round
a gate, lamp-post, fence post etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ienced-driver-...

There is no reference to any cyclists in the link you posted, why
did you feel the need?

If people were continually banging on to you about the harbour
hardware that sail boat captains inexcusably rammed their boats into
wouldn't you be inclined (or even tempted) to point out that such
inexplicable behaviour wasn't by any means restricted to users of
that particular viable means of transport?

--
Alexis
"We all have some purpose in life,

No.

Ah! That explains the reason, then, how I can understand why the need
in question was felt, when you can not.

You are Dutch. AICMFP