Old June 15th 16, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Kalamazoo = first call came about driver a half hour before deadlycrash that killed 5

On 6/15/2016 7:28 AM, Duane wrote:
On 15/06/2016 8:26 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/15/2016 1:43 AM, Phil W Lee wrote:
Frank Krygowski considered Tue,
12:09:19 -0400 the perfect time to write:

On 6/14/2016 8:37 AM, AMuzi wrote:

Interesting comment '100 proof' which is 50% water. He
couldn't vote in
Frank's Kingdom.

Right!

Err, actually, 175 proof is pure.
100 proof is the concentration of alcohol which will
ignite when mixed
with gunpowder (the very early way for excise officers to
test it).

Since I appear to be the only voter, I guess I'm elected

Is it different in UK? For USA it's :

8 a : the minimum alcoholic strength of proof spirit b :
strength with
reference to the standard for proof spirit; specifically
: alcoholic
strength indicated by a number that is twice the percent
by volume of
alcohol present whiskey of 90 proof is 45 percent alcohol

And you can get Everclear which is 190 proof alcohol. I
think that's the closest to pure available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

Right highest possible purity for human consumption because
the remainder is water. Lab pure ethanol is made in a
different process at 99% purity the remainder is benzene so
you can't (or should not anyway) drink it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/