Old March 19th 19, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Damned Central Heating!

On 2019-03-19 15:45, sms wrote:
On 3/19/2019 1:28 PM, Joerg wrote:

snip

There is also a suction sensor, for example a flap in the intake
stream that operates a signaling switch. If that got crudded up it
might at times falsely signal a failing air draft and that would cut
the main valve.

This is something I wrote up for my friend regarding gas furnace
troubleshooting:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-vRaL49mqI6wiOVxkYzNILoT3qf6Vg9rne28Nb6kVuo/edit?usp=sharing.

Nice write-up. Though the exhaust blower is usually not a small blower
but pretty massive. Ours sounds like a turbo-charger spooling up when
you stand outside next to the unit. Probably because most of them are
not connected to a chimney.

We rarely use it anymore due to the price-gouging in the propane
industry. We switched to cord wood and pellets.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/