Old August 15th 17, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 15:41:54 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 8/14/2017 10:55 AM, Joerg wrote:

We pay over $4k/year just in property taxes. That is about 10 (ten!)
times more than what we paid for a house of similar value in Europe. And
yes, I do expect something in return for that much money. Such as bike
paths.

Yet the net tax burden is less in the U.S.. And California property
taxes are less, as a percentage of the property value, than many other
states. California is 17th lowest.

Years ago I was living in Riverside California while my parents lived
in a small town in New Hampshire. They visited us one year (long drive
:-) and I remember my father asking me what my property taxes were.
When I told him he sort of laughed and replied, "that is less then our
winter heating costs".
--
Cheers,

John B.