Old October 8th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 13:43:38 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

+1 for documentation and youtube which make this all much
less black art than it once was.

At one time, an auto repair for girlfriend/neighbor (that
is, for an unfamiliar vehicle) started with a tour of used
bookstores for a manual. In 2018, my employee was outside
bitching and moaning that a dead part on his Toyota was
unreachable while I found a youtube video, walked outside
and pulled the 'hidden' release panel.

Nicely done. I've had similar experiences trying to open laptops,
smartphones, appliances, and gizmos where the sadistic manufacturer
elected to make disassembly as difficult as possible. Extra credit to
Motorola for left handed screw threads on their original DynaTac
phones. YouTube wasn't around when I stripped the threads in the
plastic case. However, ever since YouTube and iFixit arrived, such
damage has been minimal. Before diving into an unknown device, I
watch the teardown on YouTube which usually explains all the necessary
tricks and contortions needed to take it apart. Unfortunately,
YouTube is also polluted with some really bad ideas, which can be
identified by reading the comments.

Unfortunately, a side effect of all this YouTube viewing is that I've
turned into a YouTube addict. I don't have cable or satellite TV. I
don't rent DVD's. The local OTA (over the air) TV stations are all in
Spanish. So, I watch YouTube and a little Netflix on a Roku 3 box.
The Roku is necessary because YouTube might play 10 commercials per
hour if I watch on my computah, but only 2 per hour if I watch on the
Roku box. No clue why they do that.

I should watch some cooking videos. I was forced to eat my own
cooking tonite and now I feel awful...

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D