Old June 29th 04, 01:47 PM
Alvin Liau

Default truvativ stylo ss

"Gman" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:23:17 -0400, Alvin Liau

wrote:
Any thoughts on the truvativ stylo ss crankset, in the 180mm length? I
currently run a 180mm-xtr-standapter-spider-thingy but the lockring

loosens
too easily.

Cheers,
Alvin Liau

Alvin,

I run the 180mm Stylo on my Surly:
http://www.geocities.com/glaprade/Surly/

I'm a big guy (220) and I've had good luck so far. However,
the bike isn't quite a year old yet, and I haven't ridden it
as much as I'd like.

I DO climb pretty steep stuff with it, and get it airborne a
fair bit so I would hazard a guess that I'm reasonably hard
on the drivetrain.

I originally wanted some RF cranks, but these were a lot
cheaper and easier for my LBS to find in 180mm.

Gman

Gman,

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you running the surly dual freewheel rear
hub, or is it fixie on one side? After getting my crankset sorted out, a
new rear wheel might be in order. I'm running an old wheelset from my other
bike and it's just seen better days.

Cheers,
Alvin Liau