Old January 4th 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Default new Sky kit is off the hook!

bar wrote:
On Jan 4, 2:47 pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
bar wrote:
Absolutely redonkulous:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...n-london/99947
You know it's ****e when it something actually make The Shack's kit
look good in comparison ...
-b-

Well, I'm an advocate of simple kit designs so I'd beg to
differ that it's worse than The Shack's. I like the black
shorts with no colored side panel.

If I were a sponsor I would like how the eye is drawn to
the Sky logo, how easy it is to pick out due to the lack
of competing visual elements.

I will also note that the Sky shorts are more discrete on
rainy days than those of many other teams. This is a flaw
that too many kit designers commit, and if I could slap
them for it you can bet I would.

Bob Schwartz

quik step's 'retro' kit for 2010 also seems to have all black shorts:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...for-2010/99735

i guess only the cool teams got the black shorts memo

Like Sky they feature an uncomplicated design with little
visual competition for the primary sponsor's logo. They've
got a blue side panel on the shorts:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...for-2010/99734

So it isn't entirely retro.

Bob Schwartz