Old January 20th 19, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default More Justice Department Hiding

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:58:40 AM UTC-8, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:06:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 8:10:27 AM UTC-8, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:11:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 6:01:31 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:38:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Here is another shot of those trails which were under a "jungle canopy"

snipped link

wow... You link to a picture taken in 2019 for a real estate ad? Gee, ya think they might of done a little land clearing for real estate development sometime in the 50 ****ing years?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v... QHaFj&iss=VSI

And here's another one of those heavy jungle canopies from which you could never spot a heavy truck convoy at a mile away:

snipped second image

another picture a few years old, taken from about 50 feet above the ground, not 5000 feet. Can you post a picture of a view from a mile up, or did you forget that was the actual issue?

I've already posted pictures of what the rail looked like back then. They clearly show the trail surrounded by vegetation (vegetation, you know kind of like what you have for brains?)

Face it sparky, you're an idiot.
Yes you moron - a real estate ad showing not a trace of your impenetrable jungle with a canopy over a road.

A real estate ad fifty years after the trail was used by the vietcong.. I'm not the one with the reality disconnect here.

The problem with you Snowflakes is that you want to believe you're
smarter than anyone else

I don't believe I'm smarter than everyone else, but I do believe you're more stupid than anyone else, especially me.

to the point where you can only demonstrate your own ignorance
of practically everything.

And yet, with every post, you prove me right. Keep trying sparky, all you're doing is making the cast of dumb and dumber look like Rhodes scholars.

Are you telling me that somehow dense jungle as stupid was talking
about magically turned into lucrative real estate with no signs
of anything other than normal trees and grassland?

Yes, 50 years of population and civilization growth results in once-unwanted-land becoming valuable real estate, stupid.

Not to mention that I showed another photo showing the trail
dropping down the front of a mountainside clearly in the wide
open and into the same sort of clear ground and the other.

right and the _entirety_ of the ho chi minh trail was wide open and in the clear (not). I guess that's why the US needed to drop agent orange, because there was no tree cover.

Stupid also doesn't believe you could see truck convoys from 5,000 feet..

I didn't say that. I said you couldn't tell the condition of the road. You need to pay more attention.

Yet you can go to Google Earth and almost read the serial numbers of an
aircraft on a runway.

you do realize that you're using a magnification tool? nope, likely not. "hey my eyesight is just fine, I can read great as long as I ave a magnifying glass.

Are you another of the whackos that think that with no experience
with anything that you can tell us all about it?

No one needs any experience to be able to tell you all about how much of an idiot and an asshole you are. no wonder you want to suck trumps dick.

When did I say that there weren't areas of the Ho Chi Minh trail that weren't under a jungle canopy. The areas where we bombed and then had to turn around and come back were reminiscent of California with wide open dirt roads and fairly thin forests. There was no way you could have missed seeing truck convoys on the roads.

The Ho Chi Minh Trail had about four forks for the various areas where the Viet Cong could get supplies and the furthest south was actually in jungle. That was in the far south of South Vietnam where bombers were never used.

The missions I was on used ground avoidance radar and flew through valley's to be out of range of SAM's and then we would pop up to 5,000 or more feet to bomb and then get the hell out of there. We were so close to the ground that they could have hit us with a rifle but not a SAM because we were probably 2,000 ft and full bore - 500 mph or so. Over the target there were so any SAM's flying around us that it looked like fireworks. The lead aircraft I was on, one time, had a SAM fly between the fuselage and the swept wing.. Luckily it didn't explode until 1,000 or more feet above us. Our climbing turns would take us out over Cambodia. Then we would have enough altitude that we were safe and would turn and head back across South Vietnam and after we cross the border into the Pacific Ocean we would use the radar and radio to find the KC135 Tankers and refuel.

On one mission I was on they had a new Boomer on the tanker. When refueling it is scary as hell. While the refueling orifice is center and behind the A/C and Pilot, the two aircraft bob up and down a lot. The Boomer did a no-no and when the B52 started getting closer to him he tried to push it away with the extendable boom. That bent it. We had nearly a full load so that didn't hurt us but he had to fly back to base with that boom all the way out and bent. And he had to land with it dragging on the ground which could have caused a fire or even an explosion. I often wonder what happened to him..

If knucklehead Slocumb actually had an EWO pal that had seen combat he would have known that the ECM were so good that the SAMs would fly past us and then run out of fuel and fall to the ground exploding around their positions.

So they turned off the so-called guidance systems and set them to explode at a particular altitude. They were nothing more than less effective Ack-Ack.. So we would bomb from different altitudes every mission and during my time there, no B52 had any significant damage. Only some shrapnel damage. And we had sheet metal workers that would replace the damaged panels.

Later when they started bombing North Vietnam we lost six.