Old March 12th 19, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default GPS Units = Show road steepness?

On 3/11/2019 1:23 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

I hate people on eBikes. But then again, I hate people on regular bikes. Traffic is traffic. With eBikes, though, you end up with otherwise unskilled riders who ride really fast in bike traffic. Fast dopes. Really fast unassisted riders are generally skilled -- not always, but generally. Imagine a pack of eBikers. It would make a Cat 5 race look safe.

Get ready for the eBike explosion in the U.S.. Costco is now selling an
eBike which one publication touted with "Is The Jetson Adventure E-Bike
Perfect?" for $1299.99. It is sufficient for most people's commuting
needs and it doesn't even really look like an eBike.

https://www.costco.com/Jetson-Adventure-Electric-Bike-.product.100370011.html

https://ridejetson.com/collections/bikes/products/adventure-electric-bike

Costco also periodically sells the GenZe eBike for around the same
price, with a larger motor and a throttle.

There's no real reason for eBikes to be costing $2000+, it's not that
much technology for a rear-hub motor wheel, a Li-Ion battery, and a
controller.