Old May 24th 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Graham

Default Token hub bearing replacement

Anyone have any experience of replacing the bearings in the hubs of Token
rear wheels. A friend of mine bought a pair of these wheels in Australia
about two years ago. The rims are C30A and the hubs are - well it looks like
C.C.Lira but the graphic art work is so stylised as to make it virtually
unreadable. However there is readable identification mark - TK195-07L. The
wheels have bladed spokes.

The seals have completely failed on one of the 4 bearings and the bearing
has corroded so badly that it has broken up.

If it is possible to replace the bearings does anyone know where I could get
hold of a set in the UK and how difficult the replacement job might be. It
looks as though it would simply be - press the old ones out and the new ones
in. I have already stripped the hub down completely save for pressing out
the bearings.

Graham.