Old March 15th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.english.usage,alt.journalism,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Is RCN Outsourced to India or Something??

"NYC XYZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
The main trouble with RCN is that it is a one man operation
from beginning to end. You and I would also make many of the same
mistakes
if we were doing it all on our own like Robert Bryant is.

Uh, no. Not me. I troll usenet in my spare time and I still manage to
follow MLA guidelines!

You would have to get rid of your colloquial spoken English in your writing.
There are just not enough idiots that find that sort of trash talk all that
endearing. However, even the best writers in the world require one or more
editors to make sure everything is correct.
[...]

It is the only publication that I am aware of that is not in
the hands of the sellers and manufacturers of recumbents. Hence, it is
priceless for that reason alone.

Don't you mean "in the *pockets* of the sellers"...?

I'm not so sure about that. He's probably rather more critical than
other sources (heh, all four of 'em), but not by a whole lot.

RCN has had many troubles with various manufacturers down through the years
because of the reviews that have appeared in the publication. That says it
all!
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota