Old January 2nd 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
innes

Default Choosing a MUni

I think Scoope has covered it well.

I think the distance you are planning and how extreme you want to go
will decide what you should go for as much as price.

The Nimbus Munis are great unicycles to get started on for off road.
They all have Magura brake mounts now, and have ISIS cranks, so you can
upgrade now or later when you have some spare cash.

I have a Kris Holm 24", and a Kris Holm 29", and they are great. The
Kris Holm unicycles are expensive, but they are really nice. The 2007
models are very good value but the 24" ones seem to be finished now.

If you decide to go for a 29" Kris Holm, I would recommend getting the
dual hole cranks. I used mine in the summer for a duathlon, riding 18
miles on the road with a road tyre, and the pedals in the 125mm setting,
then fitted the off road tyre and put the pedals back to the 150mm
setting for going off road again after the event. If I could only have
one, I would go for the 29", as it is a bit more versitile.

Innes

--
innes