Old February 21st 19, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default More on Australia's helmet law propaganda.

On 21/2/19 8:24 pm, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 11:33:58 +1100, James wrote:

Not sure if I mentioned this, but Professor Raphael Grzebieta has said
in a media release that in their as yet unpublished paper, they intend
to discredit the prior research into the health benefits of regular
cycling.

So much for the professor and his colleagues keeping an open mind,
remaining objective and following the science!

Speaking of "discrediting", has the data they collected been provided for
analysis?

As I remember the pre-helmet era, the only data available was Aus BureaU
ofStatistics occassional "mode of travel" to work data on the number of
bicyclists and even hospital admisson data of the time was very badly
attributed to causes.

There was and still is very limited data on participation. The census
data providing mode of travel to work is about as good as it gets, and
that completely ignores children riding to school, etc.

--
JS