Old November 18th 03, 03:50 AM

Default Piriformis syndrome and recumbents?

I have been diagnosed with piriformis syndrome (a condition in
which the piriformis muscle becomes inflamed and impinges on the
sciatic nerve

bundle
causing considerable pain). The physical therapist said to see about

different seat, position, etc. on my bike.

Any one have this experience and willing to share their experiences?

Chas Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

In the end, the diagnosis turned out to be wrong! After weeks of pain and
wrangling,
and multiple treatments, I finally got an MRI of the affected area. Turns
out that
I have 4 bulging disks in my lumbar region ;(

I got out on the bike Sunday for the first time in almost 3 months. I'm
amazed at
how sore 11.5 flat miles has left me. The sciatica made it pretty
uncomfortable
after 45 minutes or so, but so is sitting in the car, or at my desk for that
long. And
I don't have the wind in my face sitting at my desk.

Chas
Recovering very slowly