Old October 10th 18, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On 2018-10-10 09:19, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/10/2018 10:54 AM, Joerg wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgybEXkhvHQ

"At Exposure, we feel it's as important to use good lights throughout
the day, as well as at night."

... um, because we're trying to sell the things, of course!

I don't use flash mode on my front lights though.

Then you disagree with the source you cited?

No. Those bright lights are visible enough in non-flash mode.

The "breathe mode" on the light that I cited is a good choice for
daytime use. It's not annoying but it's more visible than a steady light
which tends to blend in. It'd like the modulated motorcycle DRLs. Well
they aren't actually more visible than non-modulated lights but they are
perceived as a vehicle that is moving rather than some other light source.