Old February 11th 19, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Tech ogling confessions

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 4:46:29 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 9:13:14 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 11:26:28 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 6:45:28 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Duane wrote:
On 08/02/2019 10:37 a.m., Ralph Barone wrote:
Duane wrote:
On 08/02/2019 9:51 a.m., wrote:
On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5:13:45 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 6:51:55 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 8:23 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Come over the I-205 bridge from Vancouver (where living is cheaper)
and take bike paths and lanes almost all the way downtown PDX.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dge_aerial.jpg
(I-205 bridge between Oregon and Washington -- bike line up the middle).
How do they handle entering and exiting that central bike lane?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This woman is oddly creepy, but starting at 1:00 the video show the
approach from the Washington side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB61GrLiX3M

-- Jay Beattie

Indeed creepy. I always wondered what the fun is for a recreatinal ride
on that kind of roads with cars buzzing by left and right. Would drive me crazy.

Lou

Well as far as the bridge, it's a way to get between Washington State
and Vancouver BC. I assume the point is for her to go for a ride around
Vancouver. Maybe she's going crab cakes in Stanley Park...

I think the bridge goes to Vancouver WA, not Vancouver BC.

Yeah, I was mistaken. I was thinking of Vancouver Island.

No bridges going there either :-)

Nice ferry from Port Angeles, WA. It feels like an ocean voyage. I did it
on a bike tour -- you lash your bike to the rail. Speaking of islands and
ferries, this is a fun little ride on Bainbridge Island:
https://cascade.org/rides-major-ride...-details/route The
bike herd piles on to a ferry and then rides up and down a bunch of little hills.

I took the Victoria to Port Angeles ferry as part of a bike trip that went
from Vancouver to Cictoria, then through the Olympic peninsula, across
Whidbey Island, and up from Snohomish back to Vancouver. Great fun.

It's like a 90 minute ocean voyage. A long time ago, I had a week-long trial in Port Angeles during the summer, and after court every day I would ride up parts of Hurricane Ridge. Very pretty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqPcULMjMTE Small towns are weird places to try a case -- a distant cousin of one of the parties was left on the jury. Everybody knew everybody.

-- Jay Beattie.

How do you deal with "everyone knows him, he's a good boy."?

Peremptory or strike for cause, but if the whole venire knows a party or parties, then you could move it to a different county -- but this was a small commercial dispute and certainly not worth the effort. The distant cousin was a distant cousin, and if he got bumped, someone dreadful would have gotten on, IIRC. It was no big deal, just an oddity of a small town civil trial.

-- Jay Beattie.