Old April 19th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Bill Sornson

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

Just A User wrote:
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:51:02 -0400, Just A User
wrote:

Upon mentioning VA Tech, I have to put in my two cents, Cho was a
wack job, but personally I think the right to bear arm part of the
constitution needs to be re thought. In countries, such as the U.K.
where gun control laws are very strict, they don't have incidents
like those at the campus on Monday.

Well, actually they do, but not in the quantity that the U.S. has,
and they seem to be somewhat less successful, even if the intent was
there. There have been incidents in Germany and Scotland and several
in Canada.

Starting this thread - often initiated by those who like to tell
everyone what they will do to this driver or another - is pretty much
stupid. Doing it today is what makes it tasteless to boot.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

I agree it's pretty tasteless, as I pointed out, until all guns are
banned and destroyed, these types of events will happen, but until
that time comes, control is the key.

Heaven knows the criminals will abide by laws and regulations. (Or, just
use gasoline and fertilizer.)