Old October 30th 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
KingOfTheApes

Default Could Key West be a bike model for America?

I'm sure many people here have been already to Key West, so we can
talk a common language. Well, for those who don't, you see a lot of
bicycles around town, with some of the major streets having bike
lanes. There's also scooters and EVs, which goes to mean that SMALL IS
BETTER down there.

Not Main Street, America, right?

So could the be a model for the future of America, not far-fetched
models like Holland that would take a revolution (mine) and the firing
of our politicians, just an acceptance of civilized behavior among our
fellow Americans? In other words, CAN WE LEAVE THE JUNGLE BEHIND?

'Face it: Bigger is better. Since it's a jungle out there, where the
meek get eaten for lunch, if you wanna be Tarzan, you'd better swing a
bigger club.'

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...ild/index.html

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(home of the Dutch model!)