Old November 21st 13, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Glasses and Rain

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:48:23 +0200, davethedave
wrote:

As Mr Jay Beattie mentioned somewhere up there ?

"with the rain on my glasses and on-coming head lights, I can't see a
f****** thing on my way home from work."

Being a glasses wearer myself I have experienced this darkened, smeary
light point filled, focus free, terror trip home.

Is there any thing to be done about it other than get contacts?

Has anyone tried rainex or other on their glasses?

I've tried Rainex on glasses I use for riding. It does seem to help in
that you now have glasses with drops sliding down their surface rather
then smeared. I've ridden in some pretty heavy rain storms and the
problem wasn't seeing. On the other hand, it is not a cure all. I
suffer from the usual age related close vision problem and can see
pretty well at a distance so I usually take the glasses off when
riding in the rain.
--
Cheers,

John B.