Old April 30th 19, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Homeless in Seattle

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 13:54:11 -0400, Radey Shouman
wrote:

" writes:

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 7:59:42 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/26/2019 6:39 PM, wrote:
A Google search says there are about 11 million illegal immigrants
in the USA. If there are 330 million people in the US, then
illegals are about 3.33% of the total. Not very many. And a
large majority of the illegals live in just a few large US cities.
DFW, Houston, NY, LA, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, DC. There are
illegals everywhere in the US, but very, very small numbers
everywhere but in these few large cities. So the illegals would
take one apartment, house out of every thousand or ten thousand.

Apologies for two replies to this but I just turned the page
in my newspaper to find Senator Johnson's item today:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/failed-...re-11556232571

He cites 'Yale researchers' [unnamed] who estimate a range
of 16 to 29 million but he, and they, note the number is not
actually known.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

16 and 29 million immigrants equals 4.85% and 8.8% of the 330 million
USA population. OK on the 16 million. That is 1 in 20 people I see
is an immigrant. Seems a bit high, but maybe, maybe. The 29 million
is 1 in 11 people is an immigrant. Very high. Is 1 in 11 of the
people walking in to your shop an immigrant? Is 1 in 11 customers at
the grocery store an immigrant?

I would guess that at least 1 in 4 customers that I see when grocery
shopping are immigrants. Quite likely more.

If you live in N. America the discussion of "immigrants" is sort of
meaningless as just about everyone, except for a small minority of
"Native Americans" is/was an immigrant :-)
--
cheers,

John B.