Old April 30th 19, 10:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Default Homebuilder from Syria

Frank Krygowski wrote:

Well, didn't we hear that Trump's concerns have hired illegal immigrants?

Anyway: By coincidence, I was talking today to a woman who had just
finished interviewing a certain Syrian immigrant - a legal one, I believe.

What kind of interview was it, some USian leftist journo's?

He's about 50 years old, with a wife and kids. For over 20 years he had
a thriving small business, a nice home, etc. He lost it all in the
conflict, every bit of it. He's here, working in the same general
industry but as little more than a laborer.

WTF did he expect?

He told the local woman that the work his company had done was many
times more intricate than what's being done here, so he's sure he could
do well if only he could get the capital to start his own business. But
since he left behind absolutely everything, he's facing big obstacles.

What your acquaintance heard probably is not the whole story. Whatever...
as he apparently was not hurt to the point of losing all his brains or his
hands, he still has what it takes.
The woman said she was humbled (and not in the fake sense Oscar winners
use). She said she's used to millenials looking for some easy job that
will satisfy their daydreams and give them a sense of real fulfillment.
This guy just wants a chance to adequately support his family. He's
working and fighting like hell to do that.

Congratulations, instead of feeling sorry and blaming Trump for investing in
underpriced talent, the two of you should have jumped in to invest thousands
of your own dollars in Mr. Syrian's talent, determination, and future
fortune. And of course, let him do work at your own house, yard, or car brakes.

--
"Is there a name for the logical fallacy or debate technique in which the
speaker describes a single unusual incident as false evidence of a