Old April 30th 19, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Belt drive

On 4/30/2019 4:53 PM, Joerg wrote:

You won't believe how many people in our town still do it, blissfully
unaware that $5/workday times two people is a cost of more than
$200/month. Then they also go to lunch at $10 a pop and there goes
another $400.

Then they "need" $50/mo/person smart phone plans, a $100 cable TV
subscription, $80 for the gym, new cars every 3-4 years and thus
eternally revolving car payments, house mortgaged to the hilt, et
cetera. Typically those are the people who can least afford it. Is it
any wonder that the average American has net zero savings at retirement
age?

FWIW, I've done none of those things; and our retirement is very secure.
And as I've said many times, I don't have a connoisseur mentality.

But I won't ride $15 tires. There are limits.

--
- Frank Krygowski