Old January 1st 20, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Wake up & smell the coffee

On 12/31/2019 12:55 PM, AMuzi wrote:
or your burning wheels maybe

https://www.bicycling.com/repair/a29...carbon-wheels/

Although you might not expect your average human to be so dimwitted,
this has been going on for as long as I've been around bicycles. And the
surprised looks are just precious.

Huh! Does anyone know, is it supposed to be just the exhaust
temperature that causes this, or some chemical reaction to the exhaust?

(I wouldn't have thought exhaust could get a rim that hot unless the rim
was within a very few inches of the tailpipe - and I assume hitch racks
don't hold rims that close to the pipe - but then, I don't use hitch racks).

Mark J.