Old January 1st 20, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Wake up & smell the coffee

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 12:04:25 AM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 3:46:16 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 12:55:57 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
or your burning wheels maybe

https://www.bicycling.com/repair/a29...carbon-wheels/

Although you might not expect your average human to be so
dimwitted, this has been going on for as long as I've been
around bicycles. And the surprised looks are just precious.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I had a talk to Hambini about carbon wheels. He said almost all of them are made in China so anyone saying that paying $1,700 for a set of wheels gives you anything better than the $300 pair without a name on them doesn't have a lot on the ball.

I'm listening to the Chinese Beatles. Anyone who pays for the actual Beatles is a dope. BTW: https://www.amersports.com/2017/07/e...manufacturing/ Happy new year!

-- Jay Beattie.

Nope, you missed the point, Jay. What Tom is telling you is that you'd be an idiot for letting someone charge you 7x for the Chinese Beatles because you believe a "Liverpool" label makes your disc better than the Chinese Beatles. You're still just getting the Chinese Beatles. You could have saved 6/7th of what you paid, and you'd still have the same Chinese Beatles disc.

Andre Jute
There's one born every minute -- P T Barnum