Old November 10th 17, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

Default Electric bike power module.

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 6:52:27 PM UTC, Ian Field wrote:
Found a Tianjin Santrol WZKD3615KA power module that was obviously off an
electric bike. Its a potted assembly, so no salvage for my electronics
hobby.

Might end up a waste of time - but I'd like to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks for any info.

Most common power supplies, if this is indeed a power module component,
are 24V and 36V. Given that it is a name neither Muzi nor I have heard,
and not on the internet, it is likely to be an OEM-only item. More
interesting is the outputs. There is likely to be a 24V or 36V output, and
perhaps 6V for lamps, and less likely but possibly a very clean 5.1V for
USB charging.

Another possibility is that it is merely (!) a lipo battery charge control
module, in which case you want to burn it immediately because it is a
very, very dangerous item, causing nasty battery fires and/or explosions
if mishandled or faulty. If that is what it is, you need to discover what
it was used for before you mess with it.

There was no battery when i found it and there was no charging port, so I
assume the battery is ejected and docked with a stand alone charger unit.

I've been designing my own single cell charge control units for nearly a
decade - designing cell balancers is more challenging, and buying ready made
from eBay is probably cheaper anyway.