Old July 3rd 13, 09:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade

Default Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

Logic is unreliable and can be as screwed up just as the facts
frequently are. Your faith in rationality (reason) is misplaced. The US loses
out all over the world because we base our policies on those very qualities that
you extoll. It is why we win all our battles but lose all our wars. I KNOW I do
not like cycling on my sacred trails. That trumps everything else!

Only for you. What you 'know' does nothing to sway anyone else.

I use the “Thus spake Zarathustra” as an announcement from on
high so as to foreclose all further discussion. I don’t give a damn what that
nut Nietzsche ever said about anything ... nor am I a Zoroastrian. Think of me
as the God (Jehovah) of the Old Testament and you will have it
right.

Well, in your own mind it might foreclose all future discussion. For everyone who doesn't accept that you are Vox Dei it carries precious little weight.

However, I suggest you don't use aphorisms when you don't understand the connotations fully ... actions somewhat typical of a fallible individual not an omniscient, god-like being.