Default Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:13:00 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

Logic is unreliable and can be as screwed up just as the facts
frequently are. Your faith in rationality (reason) is misplaced. The US loses
out all over the world because we base our policies on those very qualities that
you extoll. It is why we win all our battles but lose all our wars. I KNOW I do
not like cycling on my sacred trails. That trumps everything else!

Only for you. What you 'know' does nothing to sway anyone else.

My ‘perceptions’ are superior to yours. That is all that is happening here.

I use the “Thus spake Zarathustra” as an announcement from on
high so as to foreclose all further discussion. I don’t give a damn what that
nut Nietzsche ever said about anything ... nor am I a Zoroastrian. Think of me
as the God (Jehovah) of the Old Testament and you will have it
right.

Well, in your own mind it might foreclose all future discussion. For everyone who doesn't accept that you are Vox Dei it carries precious little weight.

However, I suggest you don't use aphorisms when you don't understand the connotations fully ... actions somewhat typical of a fallible individual not an omniscient, god-like being.

We Great Ones use anything any damn way we please. However, for lesser lights like yourself, I do indeed advise that you follow your own advice.

So ultimately your arguments are reduced to "I'm right, you're wrong".

Rather reminiscent of the 3rd grade school yard, isn't it.

I have given many reasons in the course of this thread for why I think the way I do. However, in the end it becomes a matter of point of view which no facts or logic has anything to do with. It also nothing to do with the 3rd grade and everything to do with being honest about an argument. You should try it (being honest) yourself sometime.

The only question then becomes, "how old are you anyway?". The answer

will demonstrate whether you a Too young to have any experience in
the matter, or simply another bigoted fanatic like the Klu Klux Klan.

I spent 10 years of my life doing nothing but hiking out West (this was in the 60s and 70s), a real treat for someone from Minnesota. This was full time hiking with only a few months off for the winters .In all that time I never encountered any bicycles on the trails. Now it is possible to encounter bicycles on trails above tree line in remote locations. Am I a fanatic? You bet I am when it comes to caring for mother nature.

Your reference to the KKK escapes me. They no doubt thought they were being just and fair and doing God’s work, just like you probably think that too about yourself. In reality, according to my lights, you are desecrating wilderness values and destroying a hiking-walking culture which you are too stupid to ever have appreciated. It is the way of all barbarians, to destroy something for which you have no understanding.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home