Old February 10th 08, 07:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Sailboats

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 01:01:50 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 7, 8:10*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:00:47 -0800 (PST), Siskuwihane

wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:11*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:31:44 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
It seems counter intuitive to have people flying to an environmental
conference. Maybe you could push for a more distributed conference,
with local groups getting together to teleconference with other groups
around the world. It would preserve local face-to-face interaction
that reinforces the community aspect, but allow a global audience for
lectures (as well as more flexible timing via recorded playback). VoIP
(video and/or voice) technology could enable discussions of large
size. I believe Focus The Nation got together a webcast on the 31st to
many groups across the nation. Shouldn't be too hard do it several
times a day to a smaller audience.

If it's all about making sacrifices to preserve our life support
systems, then why not lead by example?

I have always made that suggestion, of course. As soon as the
technology is available & affordable, and conference organizers want
to do it, it will happen. Video would present privacy problems.
--

There are no privacy problem using a SAILBOAT, DUH!

Yes, there are. You need a public mooring. I guess you don't own a
sailboat. By the way, most sailboats have motors.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande- Hide quoted text -

I was reading some info on Mike Vanderman, that lying *******, the
other day. It turns out he has always been a hypocrit and coward,
dodging issues and questions with nothing but lies and bad math. I re-
read his old posts...which bored me with repetious babble...and it all
is the same. There is nothing at all factual in any of his banter. I
respect most "real" scientist and naturalist and ecologist, being one
of the above myself, but I really am amazed that anyone would invite
such a huge fraud to speak at any convention. Probably all for profit
environmental groups only as I have witnessed. Of course his response
will be....

Lies, where's the facts...LIAR...DUH....

What intelligent responses he has too...IDIOT...etc. See, that's the
beauty of most of us on here. I don't pretend to be something I am
not. I will state it straight that Mikey is a fraud and an
ASSHOLE...and a dick, etc. But he is a pretender...a sheep, the great
follower. No doubt he profits as has been proven of his banter. What a
fake.

Your vain attempt to prevent the TRUTH about mountain biking from
being told is duly noted. Obviously, the reason I'm continually
invited to speak is that, UNLIKE YOU, I tell the truth.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande