Old March 6th 07, 07:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
nash

Default Ride an SUB not an SUV

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
.. .
nash wrote:
"George Conklin" wrote in message
ink.net...
Sorry. Lead-acid batteries will not hack it even with high gas
prices.

Why are you still arguing about lead-acid batteries? I did not say that
did I?
The movie is about more than the technology at the time. Do you really
think a progressive company like that would try to put lead batteries on
the market today. FF to 2007 and look back at the wars since the movie.
I think it was before 911 also. Check it.

We did have electric cars in the beginning when a charge of lead-acid
batteries would give you a good 20 miles. That was about what you could
get out of a horse every day. When gas cars started to get reliable and
over 30-40 miles between breakdowns the electrics died out. Strange that
the horses were the last to go.
Bill Baka

These went 2-3 times as far and they could have put charging stations in
instead of gas stations if you had to go further on a daily basis. I think
they carried 6 batteries. Goes like stink and quiet as a mouse. They gave
them to movie stars like Tom Hanks so they had to be something special and
longer between "breakdowns".