Old March 6th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
George Conklin

Default fewer vehicles out there to feed traffic jams

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message

"George Conklin" wrote in message
ink.net...
These fake comparison compare a full bus with car with only the driver.
If
both were full, in transit service they would again be equal.
Long-distance
buses, NEVER trains, yield the biggest savings. But no one wants to

hear
what works. I know there are many train foamers, no bus foamers.

I have never noticed busses being dirtier than trains.

According to the EPA, current trains are vastly polluting, much more so than
buses.