Old March 6th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Pat

Default Ride an SUB not an SUV

On Mar 6, 12:26 pm, "nash" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Mar 3, 1:47 pm, "donquijote1954"
wrote:
Hey, be smart. You are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
And you save the buck. Dinosaurs are a thing of the past and the
little furry animals are here to stay.

There are two versions of it...

bike:

http://www.zazzle.com/product/235847689274986069

and bus:

http://www.zazzle.com/product/235396990102826110

or the whole REVOLUTION...

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

It is -4F outside with a 20 mph wind and 3 feet of snow on the
ground. I need to run out, pick up my son from school and take him 20
miles to the orthodontist -- then get him back to school for the rest
of the day.

... and you want me to ride a bike?????????????? You're out of your
minds.

As for the bus, I'd consider it but the school busses don't go that
far.

... oh, you mean public transit. Yeah right. We don't even have
taxis in this area.

You know, those things aren't big on the Rez.

Well, actually, people choose to live close to their needs like school,
work, shopping, dentist. You chose not to.

But I am close to everything

The school is only 3 or 4 miles away (but the bus stop is just down
the street). And the grocery store is near it. Walmart, "the mall",
the kid's dojo and the orthodontist are only about 20 miles away.
There are hospitals 20 miles to the east, 17 miles to the south, 45
miles to the west and about 30 miles to the north. The ski slope is
just 8 miles away so the kids can go skiing a couple of nights a
week. How much closer to "things" could anyone want to be?