Old March 27th 07, 11:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
George Conklin

Default Ride an SUB not an SUV

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message
. ..

"George Conklin" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message

"George Conklin" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in

message
.. .

NYC has a massive transit system. And no one carried

groceries
on
it,
for
example. No one. And you want to school/work standing up the

whole
way,
packed in like a sardine. At best some people tried to read a
newspaper.
Others did nothing but stand there....most of them. Off-hours
you
could
get
a seat only.

That is foolish. The seats are there. You are saying that

literally
*no
one* sat in them during peak hours?

They are always full. You have obviously never dealt with mass
transit,
just your idle dreams. Sad.

First, if they are always full, clearly it is possible to get a

seat,
since
there are, in fact, people sitting in them who did just that.

You are thinking of a bus, where most people can sit. On the

subway,
most
people stand a few can sit, if they get on at the end of the line or

just
luck out. But most stand.

Most but not all. This means that some are sitting so clearly it *is*
possible to get a seat.

For a minority. So? You sound like a planner: in my city everyone
will
sit in the subway because if 20% can, then all can, in principle. Ha Ha
Ha.

You sound like an idiot who cannot follow simple logic. I never said it

was
possible for all to do that, just that _your_ statement was patently

false.

Your statement is simply stupid. By your so-called logic, if one person
can sit down in a train, then all problems are solved. Big joke.