Old January 13th 09, 10:51 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

On Jan 13, 10:34*pm, !Jones' Sock Puppet wrote:
Actually, I kinda *like* men in tight, black panties... but, my
question has always been: How do you wear that stuff in public and
keep a straight face?

I recall when a decent bicycle cost a day's wages and you could ride
the damn thing in cut-offs, a T-shirt, and sneakers. *If you were
*really* high-tech, you had a Bendix two-speed kick-back. *It was
heavy, noisy, and difficult to ride; however, real *men* rode bicycles
in those days... and no self-respecting faggot would have been caught
in Spandex!

Nowadays, bicycles cost more than an African wage-earner can hope to
make in his or her lifetime! *There's something wrong here!

Why can't I buy a decent friction shifter anymore? *Indexed shifters
are OK until they wear a little bit, then they're useless. *I can't
adjust my front cage with an indexed shifter...

... but, mostly, how come I gotta wear these goofy-looking panties? *I
simply cannot be seen in public wearing these things! *I'd sooner ride
nekkid!

Eat yer heart out, Nitla!

Jones

You tell 'em, Jones! What the devil is wrong with riding in a linen
shirt and khakis or, this time of the year in the northern hemisphere,
in cords and a flannellete (brushed cotton) workman's shirt? At least
in those you don't look like an escapee from the circus who stole a
bike for a getaway vehicle.

Andre Jute
Charisma is the talent for inducing apoplexy in losers by merely
existing elegantly