Old June 26th 05, 06:49 PM
wafflycat

"scouselad" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone recommend a decent, *well-ventilated* back-pack, suitable
for a student commuting into uni (about 20 mins) every day? It would
have to be hard-wearing and big enough to carry a couple of A4 folders.

I've found plenty of bags designed for cyclists on websites such as
www.wiggle.co.uk and www.evanscycles.com but few of them have decent
ventilation at the back.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Allan Lewis.

Don't go for a backpack to wear whilst riding - all you end up with is a
sweaty back. Much better to use a rear rack & if you don't want to use a
pannier mounted on the rack, do what my son does who commutes a 13-mile each
way cycle ride to college & back - bungee the bag to the rear rack. Saves
getting a sweaty back and is much more comfortable cycling generally.

Also - try a posting on uk.rec.cycling for information & suggestions

Cheers, helen s