Old May 14th 07, 05:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
duh[_2_]

Default Quality feedback on these bikes

Roger Zoul wrote:
duh wrote:
:: I'm going to be looking at a RANS Rocket, Bacchetta Cafe, Baccheta
:: Giro 20 or 26, and an Easy Racer Javelin.
::
:: What are the quality/durability factors for these bikes? I will be
:: mostly commuting, but might want to do a little touring.

Personally, from all that I've read about these bikes, I doubt you could go
wrong with any one of them. Of course, the higher priced models tend to have
better components, I think, and I'd worry more about q/d factors on the
lower priced models. I wonder if a 20 in front might be better for
commuting.

I was wanting the 20 front, but the guy local only has a Giro 26 in
stock. Can't remember what the Cafe has out front.

I'm not really wanting to have my feet above my head while trying to
navigate traffic. This would be my first bent anyway.

It would seem that a $1000 'bent is like a $600 DF, roughly.

Have you been over to bentrideronline.com w/ this question?

I've been looking over there, but haven't found the right slot yet to
post in.