Old June 25th 07, 12:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

Default For my own amusement

"BT Humble" wrote in message
ups.com...
This has probably been done many times before, but I'm going to do a
"break-even or bust!" experiment with a sub-$100 Big-W commuter bike.

Here's the home page of the attempt, if you're the type who enjoys
watching other people doing odd things for no apparent reason:

Did you see the guys at one of the 24hr races a couple of years ago. Two
teams of four mates in each team (from memory) bought bikes from K-mart or
Toys R Us for the race and had them sitting at the start line still in the
box. The first guy from each team had to assemble the bike (using only a
shifter) before then starting the race. From memory they were both dodgy
looking dual suspension mtbs but I think they made it through the
race........great concept......**** funny!!!

Too bad you don't live in Melbourne......it is $9.20 per day for a zone 1 +
2 rail ticket......bike would pay for itself in a couple of weeks. Even
better if I drive in.....it is about 18km or so each way which is probably 2
litres of petrol (about $5 all up) and it is $6 per day for on street
parking. How can anyone afford not to ride???

All you have to do is replace the parts as they wear out with decent ones
and if you can manage to crack the frame and break the forks one day you
might end up with a nice ride........sorta like Grandpa's Axe.

Good luck and hope you are back on the bike soon.

Gags