Old October 24th 18, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Settled Science?

rOn Tue, 23 Oct 2018 14:36:51 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 12:38:13 PM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
On 10/22/18 11:08 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
What I've been saying since I was a precocious teenager with a column in a national broadsheet is now official:
http://joannenova.com.au/2018/10/fir...boats-on-land/

Fake news.

What I find interesting is that those most loudly pro-AGW are those with the least training. Most of whom have received their entire knowledge on the subject from a single article in Popular Mechanics from an author who is also unqualified.

There is no AGW because CO2 has reached saturation of the available energy in its absorption bands at between 200 and 250 ppm. This is a naturally occurring level so man's addition to the CO2 carries no added absorption.

That CO2 bears no danger to anyone was known and was PUBLISHED by the Department of Commerce's science department which was the forerunner of NOAA around 1905 after Arrhenius published a paper around 1880 suggesting that the reason that the Earth was warmer out of direct sunlight than the Moon was because of the CO2 in the air. Arrhenius never ran any experiments himself but used data on the spectrum of sunlight that was reflected off of the Moon that was published in another paper.

So if you have any credentials then state them and we can discuss the hoax of AGW since I have studied the matter for many years.

And your credentials are? Never graduated from a school of higher
learning. Earned large sums of money but couldn't manage own money and
blames losses on someone else. Major memory losses, guns missing from
collection, etc.

Strange how you claim, on the one hand, to have substantial memory
loss and, on the other hand, brag how you've been studying a subject
"for many years".

But don't feel bad Tom, after all a study published in the journal
Psychological Science estimates that 40% of the 6,641 people surveyed
in the study have completely fictional memories of their lives.

The study goes on to say that "Crucially, the person remembering them
doesn't know this is fictional. In fact, when people are told that
their memories are false they often don't believe it."
--
Cheers

John B.