Old March 15th 05, 11:02 PM
David

"maxo" wrote in message news
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:55:37 -0800, wrote:

but I definitely want the best
bike for my buck.

How are the components on the HT bike? Do you want to keep it?

You could always get a great new FS frame and swap over the parts.

Good idea.

I went the other way, after my freeride FS frame cracked, and I was too cheap to
buy another. Didn't take too much longer before the fork cracked too though.
The rest of the parts have held up.

Expect to buy a new seat post & clamp. You may need a new front dir if the seat tube
is larger, or if the frames aren't both top-pull or bottom-pull. My new seat tube was
smaller, so I just picked up Doere front der. shims from the LBS, and used my old
front dir.

When I did the swap, I had the LBS transfer the fork, because I figured they had all the
fancy headset tools (and skills). I recently replaced the headset on my road-bike,
and it turned out to be pretty easy. If I change my frame again (may go back to FS),
I may do the entire thing this time.