Old May 7th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Default casing ends in shifters

On May 6, 10:19 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:
"Doug B." wrote in message

I bought a pair of used Chorus Ergo shifters on Ebay and they both
have metal cable casing ends in the brake cable holes. Nothing in the
derailleur holes.
They don't want to come out easily. Before I destroy them, can anyone
verify they are not part of the shifter assembly?
Thanks.
Doug B.

I find that a great source of aggravation. I've tried penetrating oil and
also extremely vigilant use of a drill press. What I found works best is to
mung up the ferrule (metal casing end), then use a thin pick or nail set to
push the ferrule out from the top part of the lever, (through the hole that
the cable would run through).

Also a small ******* file, stuck into the ferrules, pulls them out
quite nicely.